’80’ Series Surface-Mount
Overhead Arm Door Closers
The new NHN 80V Series offers a comprehensive range of hydraulic, power adjustable door closers to suit all applications.
Incorporating the latest engineering technology NHN 80V Series provides three power adjustable (by allen key) door closers.
Successfully awarded EN1154, EN1634-1 and Certifications, the NHN 80V Series is backed up with a 10 years No Quibble* guarantee.
Standard Square Body with Cover & Accessories.
EN Standard Power Adjustable by Spring EN 1154
- Three body sizes will cover full door size requirements and applications.
- Closing Force – Power adjustable by spring to EN1154 size 2-4 for 83v, size 3-6 for 85v and size 6-7 for 87v.
- Economic – Low inventory costs and reduced stocking requirements thanks to its stream and non-handed design
- Back Check – Provides a cushioning effect when the door is forcibly thrown open but does not serve as a substitute for a door stop.
- Delayed Action – Provides prolonged closing time to assist passage of trolley’s, wheel chairs and elderly people etc…
- Standard Finishes – Sliver, Dark Brown or Gold. Other finished on request available.
- Guarantee – A free replacement ex-works if any closer proved defective by reason either of faulty manufacture or defect in materials.
Closing Force Adjustment
- The position indicated by figure ‘A’ is the standard postion of the eccentric shoe. By turning the show 180° the position shown in figure ‘B’, the door closing force increases about 25% just before the door closes (during last 10°).
Closing Speed Adjustment
Latching Angle Adjustment
Spring Power Adjustment
- Turn the spring adjusting screw clockwise the required number of turns to match the door width as indicated in the chart. Where strong draft resistance exists increase the spring power as needed.
Latching Function (standard)
- This function increases the door closing speed in the last 0 – 2° before the fully closed position, ensuring quick and complete door closure. This function is most useful with an airtight door or with a door with a tight latch.
- The latch angle is factory set at 0°, turn the link counter-clockwise about 4 turns (this extends the link) and a latch angle of 2° is obtained.
Back-check Function (optional)
- If a gust of wind or other strong force hits the door in the opening direction, it can damage the wall or cause injury to people.
- The back-check function works within the door opening range 70° – 85° to 180°. The back-check power can be adjusted with the back-check valve.
Delayed Door Closing Function (optional)
- This function holds the door open temporarily and resumes its regular closing sequence after the delayed closing area. It facilitates passage with a wheelchair or stretcher etc…
- The delayed door closing action takes effect all the way from 180° – 85°. door opening.
- The closing area can be adjusted with the delay closing valve. The maximum closing time from 180° opening to 85° is 90sec. when the delay valve is fully screwed in.
Top Jamb Installation
Parallel Arm Installation
Slide Arm Installation
NHN 83V | Regular Arm Door Closer for OPEN-IN Doors.
NHN 83V PA-1 | Parallel Arm Door Closer for OPEN-OUT Doors
NHN 183V | Regular Arm Door Closer with Hold-Open Arm for OPEN-IN Doors.
NHN 183V PA-1 | Parallel Arm Door Closer with Hold-Open Arm for OPEN-OUT Doors.
NHN 83V GL | Slide Arm Door Closer.
NHN 85V | Regular Arm Door Closer for OPEN-IN Doors.
NHN 85V PA-1 | Parallel Arm Door Closer for OPEN-OUT Doors.
NHN 185V | Regular Arm Door Closer for OPEN-IN Doors.
NHN 185V PA-1 | Parallel Arm Door Closer for OPEN-OUT Doors.
NHN 85V GL | Slide Arm Door Closer for OPEN-IN and OPEN-OUT Doors.
NHN 87V | Regular Arm Door Closer for OPEN-IN Doors.
NHN 87V PA-1 | Parallel Arm Door Closer for OPEN-OUT Doors.
NHN 187V | Regular Arm Door Closer for OPEN-IN Doors.
NHN 187V PA-1 | Parallel Arm Door Closer for OPEN-OUT Doors.
NHN 87V GL | Slide Arm Door Closer.
Drop Plate for 83V
Drop Plate for 85V/87V
SSS Cover Plate for 85/87V
Cover Plate for 83/85/87V (Silver Gray)
Slide Arm Assembly for 83V
Slide Arm Assembly for 85V/87V
Hold-Open Arm for 83/85/87V